Saturday, February 12, 2011

Myeongdong market

The first stand I walked by, the vendor was massage his hotdogs on the grill.

IMG_3099_thumb
A couple of people were giving out free hugs.

IMG_3101_thumb12
We had some street meat.

IMGP0753
There was somebody wearing a big Snoopy costume advertising a dog cafe down the street. He was pretending to be shy and hiding by the side of the street. The girls really digged it and kept trying to drag him out to take a photo with him.

IMG_3102_thumb1
We passed by a stand that roasted walnuts. I couldn’t smell them in the busy market but I bet they smelled wonderful. The walnuts on display in baskets were so big. I wanted to get some but my dad pointed out how much smaller the ones being sold were.

IMG_3109_thumb1
Some weird sea creature that totally looks phallic. I thought they were a type of sea cucumber but they were beige and could balloon up.

IMG_3111_thumb1
We didn’t walk around for long before we found a restaurant to eat at. This restaurant really caught our eyes because it had big glass windows so we could look inside. Everyone ate with a BIG dish in the middle. It was the same dish, braised chicken, but you could get it in different sizes. We ordered the medium, meant for three people. It was the biggest dish I’ve ever been served in my life.

IMG_3114_thumb1
We picked out the peppers so the dish wouldn’t get more spicy.

IMG_3116_thumb
Unfortunately, the dish was already pretty spicy so I couldn’t eat much.

IMGP0758
We couldn’t finish all the food and took a doggy bag full of spicy chicken home. I went across the street to buy some damage control for my hair. Their dancing.. corn? mascot was so genki! It was dancing the whole time we were eating at the restaurant.

IMG_3112_thumb1
We walked around the market some more. It was very lively, full of younger people than any of the markets so far.

IMG_3100_thumb1
Cool hoodies!

IMG_3117_thumb1
Garfield. Cat cafe?

IMG_3119_thumb1
Gigantic lighters. How long would this last? I would have gotten one, but I think it’s hard to light because the metal ridges are so much bigger. It would hurt to use.

IMG_3121_thumb1
Teddy! He had his mask off, resting on the top of his head but when he saw me coming for a picture he put it back on.

IMG_3122_thumb1
More cute hoodies.

IMG_3123_thumb1

No comments:

Post a Comment